Friday, October 12, 2012

Inspirational Visit

I just returned from a wonderful trip to Philadelphia to visit my dear friend and amazing artist, Megan Halsey. Since we only see each other a couple of times a year, at Surtex and Atlanta, it was so great to spend some real time together. We started with an incredibly inspiring day at Terrain, which is the garden store by Anthropologie. I don't think I've ever been in such a fantastic, inspiring place.









We headed out to coast, or as they say back east, the shore....Cape May, NJ. 
The last time I was there was in August '80, just before I moved to Seattle from Pennsylvania.
It was rainy and cool, which was perfect for photo taking.



On the pine tree lined path out to the ocean, there were so many monarch butterflies, 
on their journey south. It was estimated that there were about a million at Cape May.





A great way to end the trip....the very first Anthro! Thank you Megan for such a wonderful time :)


1 comment:

  1. What fun to see a little bit of Terrain as you saw it! The pictures are gorgeous and you & Megan look darling as always.

    ReplyDelete